Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of keys that perform certain tasks when pressed simultaneously. Usually, these tasks require the use of a mouse, such as right-clicking to copy a widget.
Learning to use the editor's built in keyboard shortcuts can save you time, and make the process of editing your site much quicker.
When using a Mac, substitute Ctrl with the Command button. For example, to access Preview on a PC, type Ctrl+Alt+P. On Mac, type Command+Alt+P.
The following keyboard shortcuts are available in the editor:
- Preview. Ctrl+Alt+P
- Open Dev Mode. Ctrl+Alt+C
- Open Original Site (if site is imported). Ctrl+O
- Copy Element . Ctrl+C (while hovering over element).
- Paste Element:. Ctrl+V (Paste copied element above currently hovered/selected element).
- Undo. Ctrl+Z
- Redo. Ctrl+Y
Text Editor Shortcuts
The following keyboard shortcuts are available when editing text:
- Bold. Ctrl+B
- Italicize. Ctrl+I
- Underline. Ctrl+U
- Align Text. Ctrl+R, E, L
- Remove Text Formatting. Ctrl+0
Developer Mode Shortcuts
The following keyboard shortcuts are available in developer mode:
- Find. Ctrl+F
- Find and replace. Ctrl+F + Ctrl+F
- Alt+Space. Enable suggestions while typing
- Save. Ctrl+S
- Duplicate selected line. Ctrl+Alt+UP
- Move Line Up. Alt+Up
- Go to line #. Ctrl+L
- Toggle comment. Ctrl+/